1) Primary sport (s): Trail, Mountain Running and Cross Country
2) Team member since: 2012
3) City/state of residence: Morgantown, WV
4) Occupation: Master's Degree Student in Human Nutrition and Dietetic Intern at West Virginia University
5) Goals for 2012:
- Defend my NACAC Title
- Enjoy a jog up the Mountains of Temù and Ponte di Legno
- Compete in the Mountain Cup Series
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport:
- 2011 NACAC Mountain Running Champion
- 2011 USATF 10k Trail Championship runner-up
- Team Member of the 2007 Big East Cross Country Champions
7) Favorite inov-8 gear:
- Roclite™ 286 GTX
- X-TALON™ 190
8) List one thing others may not know about you: I have a crush on Michael Palin.
9) Favorite energy drink/food: Peanut butter and banana sandwich with yogurt, coffee, GU
10) Your favorite race/event and why? I am most comfortable running cross country races, but after gaining more experience competing in technical, high caliber trail and mountain races, I feel that those will quickly take precedence. Mt. Chupinaya will always hold a special place in my heart.
11) Advice to other athletes: Don't be afraid to stray from "The Plan." Often times, when training at such a high caliber, injuries and life can cause a kink in your schedule. Runners are generally not the most flexible people, literally and figuratively. But in order to get back on track, you have to be able to modify and adjust accordingly.