1) Primary sport (s): Mountain and Trail Running, but I also partake in a road running, snowshoeing, cross country, multi-day stage races and the occasional beer mile. Who knows, I might give Cross Fit a shot, I've been practicing my burp ups!
2) Team member since: 2009
3) City/state of residence: Manitou Springs, Colorado, the hippie area of the Pikes Peak Region.
4) Occupation: Marketing & Administrative Coordinator for Running USA, Colorado Running Company sales associate, running coach.
5) Goals for 2011: Well, since 2011 is over, I will focus on 2012.
-Sub 1:02:30 at Mt. Washington and a top 6 place
-Sub-2:20 at the Pikes Peak Ascent
-PR for shorter races (5k, 10k) and longer races (50k, marathon)
-Win a National Championship (team or individual, I'm not picky!)
-Make good beer and good friends
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport:
-2011 Gore-Tex Trans Rockies Run as Team Inov-8 with Alex Nichols, 6 days over 120 miles. I even sharted on myself...that's pretty memorable!
-2011 Colorado 50k State Champion
-2011 Colorado 25k State Championship, 2nd place
-2011, 6th @ the Mt. Washington Road Race
-3 X Top 10 finisher at the Pikes Peak Ascent
-3 X US Mountain Running Team National Champions (CMS - 2005, 2010, 2011)
-2 X Pikes Peak Road Runners Winter Series Champion (2010, 2011)
-2005 US Mountain Running Team Member
-The great people I have met along the way!
7) Favorite inov-8 gear: I am partial to the X-Talon 190's. By far the best off road, technical trail racing shoe I have ever set foot in. I have laced this shoe up, straight out of the box, and run the Pikes Peak Ascent without any blisters or black toenails.
8) List one thing others may not know about you: I have flown on the Concorde supersonic airliner (I was in my mothers womb, but doesn't that still count?).
9) Favorite energy drink/food: Double IPA or Barrel Aged offering. It gives me energy and can also be considered a food!
10) Your favorite race/event and why?
In the East, it is the Mt. Washington Road Race. In the West, the Pikes Peak Ascent. Both are huge races with fantastic competition but what I really enjoy most about them is the gathering of friends, old and new, people you only see once a year but wish there were races like this every weekend so you could see them more often.
11) Advice to other athletes: Never eat dried fruit when you are running very long distances! Trust me.