1) Primary sport (s): Trail Running
2) Team member since: 2011
3) City/state of residence: Bend, Oregon
4) Occupation: Physician Assistant
5) Goals for 2012:
- USATF Trail Half Marathon Champs (OR): Top 3 Overall; 1st Masters
- US Mountain Running Champs (NH)
- Transrockies Run (CO): 1st Mixed Masters; Top 3 Overall Mixed
- USATF Marathon Masters Champs (Twin Cities Marathon): Top 5 Overall; Sub- 2:50
- Run my first Ultra Marathon
- PR in the half marathon and marathon
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport:
- USATF 2010 Trail Marathon Champs: 1st overall
- USATF 2011 Trail Half Marathon Champs: 4th overall, 1st masters
- Transrockies Run: 1st mixed masters
- USATF 2011 Masters Marathon Champs/Twin Cities Marathon: 7th overall (2:54 PR)
7) Favorite inov-8 gear:
- First Love: XTalon 212
- For distance on mt trails: Roclite 268 (perfect shoe for 6 long days running through the Rockies)
- Winter running on ice and through puddles: Terrafly 287 GTX
8) List one thing others may not know about you: I’ve been threatened at gun point….and didn’t run.
9) Favorite energy drink/food: All of the above and still experimenting. I consider timing of intake to be most important. Gu, stinger, gel, blocks….all go down easy while racing without issues of coming back up. I cross a finish line and run straight to the food table, or make a protein rich smoothie (peanut/almond butter, chocolate protein powder, vanilla yogurt and banana) immediately after a hard training run.
10) Your favorite race/event and why? Transrockies Run because I not only get to run 120 miles with my husband on gorgeous Rocky Mt trails, but get to hang out with a couple hundred runners for 6 days while someone else does all the cooking.
11) Advice to other athletes: Be thankful for the gift, share your passion, show appreciation for friends/family who support you, encourage another athlete or want-to-be athlete, slow down to “take it all in” (that is if you have a nice lead) and get to know your competition--as they will likely be your next best friend.