1) Primary sport (s): Crossfit
2) Team member since: 2011
3) City/state of residence: Norwood, MA
4) Occupation: I work for Again Faster selling Crossfit gear.
5) Goals for 2012: Top qualify and comete in the 2012 Crossfit Games.
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport: In 2009 I won the Northeast Regionals and went on to place 10th in the Games. In 2011, I placed 2nd in the Northeast Regionals and placed 15th at the Games.
My Favorite memory is after the first workout on the final day of the 2011 Crossfit Games. This workout had two of my biggests goats in it. I was terrified to do the workout. I finished second in my heat and the rush of emotions, pride, relief, and disbelief were overwhelming. That workout really means something special to me because I overcame and succeeded at doing something I doubted my abilities to do. This taught me not to doubt myself and really helped me remember to hold myself to a higher standard.
7) Favorite inov-8 gear: The f-lite series.
8) List one thing others may not know about you: I grew up riding horses and competed in barrel racing.
9) Favorite energy drink/food: I love coconut water.
10) Your favorite race/event and why? My favorite event is Regionals because this is where you find out if all the hard work is going to pay off and win you a spot at the Games.
11) Advice to other athletes: You can do it. Nothing is easy. Expect a struggle. The struggle is the best part when you end up succedding.