1) Primary sport (s): Ultrarunning
2) Team member since: 2005
3) City/state of residence: Asheville, NC
4) Occupation: Manufacturing Manager
5) Goals for 2012: Establish a couple new FKT’s, try a couple new ultra races, and stay consistent and healthy.
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport:
Each year I’ve been with Team inov-8 I’ve been grateful to have some fairly strong performances. Last year I ran my first 65 mile FKT on trail and set a new event record, I set a new PR in the 50 mile distance (5:48) and set 3 course records at various ultra races.
7) Favorite inov-8 gear: My new favorites are the Road X-233, 255 and Terrafly 313 GTX.
8) List one thing others may not know about you: I hate to hear sand bagging (excuses) at the start of a race from my competitors. If you are toeing the line, go for it!
9) Favorite energy drink/food: Gu Roctane Ultra Gels, GU Electrolyte Brew, cocconut water before/after hard efforts especially in warmer weather
10) Your favorite race/event and why? Mt. Mitchell Challenge and JFK 50 – any ultra races that have mixed topography. It keeps things more interesting and does not suit one type of runner.
11) Advice to other athletes: Always practice your nutrition needs on long runs and stay true to them during your races. The time to try eating or drinking something new is in training not on race day.