1) Primary sport (s): Mountain, Trail & Road Running
2) Team member since: 2009
3) City/state of residence: Asheville, NC
4) Occupation: School Health Nurse
5) Goals for 2011: Make the USA Mountain Running Team, Place in Top 20 at Worlds, Place in Top 3 in USATF National Trail 10k Championship, Stay Healthy & Injury-free & Continue to enjoy the Blessings & Beauty of Running.
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport:Placing 3rd at the 2011 NACAC Mountain Running Championship in Mexico, Finishing 5th in the 2011 USA Team Selection race at Cranmore with the last 2 slots for Team USA divided by 1 second.
PRs: mile- 4:44, 5k- 17:00, 4 mile- 21:46, 10k- 34:46 & Half Marathon:1:17:23
7) Favorite inov-8 gear: Xtalon-190, Roclite 268
8) List one thing others may not know about you: I love to sing & have been known to sing as part of a pre-race warm-up
9) Favorite energy drink/food: Peanutbutter, Banana & Nutella on Toast along with a cup of fresh ground coffee.
10) Your favorite race/event and why? I love trying new races & trail events, especially those with single track trails. It is nice to have adventure & variety.
11) Advice to other athletes: Run because you love it! You can be competitive but never forget or lose the true joy of being able to run. Stay positive & count your blessings…good things will come.