1) Primary sport (s): Trail Running (Half Marathon to 100-miles)
2) Team member since: 2006
3) City/state of residence: Woodside, CA
4) Occupation: Technology Executive (VP, Mobile at JiWire, Inc.)
5) Goals for 2011: I’m going for the Moose Mug (run a marathon in 2 hours plus the minutes of your age, 41 for me), XC National Championships, defend my Masters win at the USATF 50k Championships, sub-24 at the Wasatch 100, and get lots of good pictures for my blog, http://runtrails.blogspot.com.
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport: 2010 USATF Masters Ultrarunner of the Year. It started as a fun challenge to try everything from the indoor mile to the 100-mile in one season, and ended up bringing four PR’s and a lot of new friends.
7) Favorite inov-8 gear: X-Talon 212’s, Roclite 295’s
8) List one thing others may not know about you: I once wrote a country song that got national radio rotation.
9) Favorite energy drink/food: Powerbar double latte gels, Vespa, PB&J’s, and post-race pizza and beer
10) Your favorite race and why? Usually the last race I just did. But I’m partial to anything involving trails, redwoods, and mountains like Skyline to the Sea 50k or the Big Basin 50k.
11) Advice to other athletes: Live life to have great stories. Keep a positive attitude, and even your worst finish times become your best memories.