1)Primary sport (s): Lawnmower racing (2 stroke division only – HARDCORE!), but I like Trail/Mountain Racing from time to time as well.
2) Team member since: 2009
3) City/state of residence: Mills River, NC
4) Occupation: Part-time fortune teller (only when the stars are properly aligned), sometimes stay at home Dad, & Running Store Do-It-ALL Guy. Mostly cleaning the floors & windows (I don’t do toilets).
5) Goals for 2011:
Try to take over the world, but realistically I’d like to not get chicked in any race I do. No, but seriously, I’d like to finally get a silver medal at a USAT&F National Championship. Gold would be just fine as well, but I already have one (ha, take that Ryan Woods!). I just want to complete my array of medals.
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport:
I once got to run with Mark Lundblad. He’s dreamy!
7) Favorite inov-8 gear:
I’ve always been a big fan of the Roclite 285. It’s one sweet mamajamma of a shoe!
8) List one thing others may not know about you:
In my previous life I was a Rastafarian barber. I’m also a father of TWO great kids. Keagan (3 years old) & Ambrin (born 1/12/11).
9) Favorite energy drink/food: Love me some Honey Stinger Gold Gels! Their new waffles are scrumdiddilyumcious as well!
10) Your favorite race and why?
The human race. They’re entertaining. However, a close number two is the Klingons from Star Trek. For some reason their name is just funny to me. Oh running race, right. The Bear 5 Mile Race to the top of Grandfather Mtn. There is nothing like running through 200 drunken Scotsmen (Highland Games) waving swords on your way to a summit with a panoramic view at 5200’.
11) Advice to other athletes:
You’ll be defined by the trails you won’t run. Get out there are hit a new trail or a new distance! Finally, and most importantly, Drugs are bad!