1) Primary sport(s): Trail, mountain & road running
2) Team member since: 2009
3) City/state of residence: Arden, NC
4) Occupation: Public Health Nurse / School Health Nurse
5) Goals for 2011: half-marathon PR (sub 1:17:27), Qualify for 2012 Olympic trials for marathon, New course record @ Dupont 1/2 , Win the Bear , Place in the Top5 @ National Trail & Mountain Running Championship
6) Notable achievements/memories/PR’s in your sport: Chichester Priory Road 10k- 1st & new PR in 34:36 (Feb 2010), Highpoint Track 5,000 meters- 1st & new meet record & PR in 17:00 (Spring 2010), 7thplace US finisher at Mount Washington Road race USATF National Mountain Running Championship in 1:20:55 (June 2010), 4th Place finish at USATF National Trail 10k Championship 2009, 8th Place finish at USATF National Road 25k in 2008, half-marathon PR of 1:17:27, winning shut-in Ridge trail race both years that I ran it (07 & 08).
7) Favorite inov-8 gear: All of it! My favorite shoes are Flyroc 310, Terroc 308 & Mudroc 280.
8) List one thing others may not know about you: Volleyball player in college
9) Favorite energy drink/food: Ultima/ Bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter & bananas.
10) Your favorite race and why? My all time favorite race is Shut-in. This race is a 17.8 mile challenge to the top of Mount Pisgah. The terrain is rugged single track with lots of climbing & finishes with an approximate 2 mile stair climb. Spectators are throughout the course & the energy & atmosphere is amazing. This is a race like no other!
11) Advice to other athletes: Run because you love it. Keep the passion alive by trying new events. Remain humble. Respect the mountains. Be thankful & you will go far!